36. Helen was much kinder to her youngest child than she was to the others, ______, of course, made the others jealous.
A. who B. that C. what D. which
37. He always did well at school ______ having to do part-time jobs every now and then.
A. in case of B. in spite of C. regardless of D. on account of
38. If the building project ______ by the end of this month is delayed, the construction company will be fined.
A. to be completed B. is completed C. being completed D. completed
39. The leader of the expedition ______ everyone to follow his example.
A. promoted B. reinforced C. sparked D. inspired
40. His wife is constantly finding ______ with him, which makes him very angry.
A. errors B. shortcomings C. fault D. flaw